Sunday, September 8, 2013

1/48 Tamiya P-51D Mustang in IAF service finished!

Hi Guys, I managed to finish this one today in preparation for next weekends Crna Kraljica show here in Zagreb. I first wanted to make the first Israeli Mustang with nickname "Zulu", but the decal for red & white stripes on the rudder broke in pieces while attempting to apply it. I ended up making this one from the 101st squadron. I used resin flaps, wheels, gear bay covers, seat and Eduard interior PE. I wasn't that satisfied with Sky's decals as I've mentioned some decals fell apart. This was my first try on NMF with Alclad and I'm not very happy with the end result, but hope my next try will be better. The model was a real charm to build and I would recommend it to everyone!





I will post more photos after the show, hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Kind regards, Sven.

No comments:

Post a Comment